Shavata Brow and Nail Bar
Leading beauty brand Shavata has launched its first concession in Birmingham at Harvey Nichols,
offering customers a range of premium threading, lash and nail services.
The luxury Mailbox store has welcomed the renowned Shavata Brow Studio to its Beyond
Beauty department as a boost to its already extensive grooming services. An extensive menu of
treatments is now available, including brow shaping, tints and lash extensions, while the new
Nail Studio offers a wide selection of manicures and nail enhancements.
Shavata was created by “brow guru” Shavata Singh and has quickly gained a reputation for its
top quality service. It was recently voted Best Brow Service in the Harper’s Bazaar Beauty Hot
100 and boasts a celebrity clients list that includes Elle McPherson, Kelly Brooke, Lily Allen and
Jade Jagger. The company also works with all contestants on this year’s The X Factor and has
been involved backstage on Strictly Come Dancing and Dancing on Ice.
“We are delighted to introduce such a premium brand to a new audience in Birmingham,” said
Louise Sterenberg-Dyoss, Retail Manager for Beyond Beauty at Harvey Nichols. “Shavata offers a
luxurious experience that we know our customers are going to love.”
As well as the impressive list of treatments, the Shavata product range of tweezers, aftercare
kits and brow accessories is also available. For appointments, please call 0121 616 6019.
SHAVATA SINGH’S TOP TIPS FOR RUNWAY-READY BROWS
1. Always get your eyebrows professionally done, even if this is only once a year. This will
give you an idea of what they should look like and with regular maintenance they will remain
2. Once you have the brows you love, tend to them on a daily basis; it is a lot easier to tweeze
one or two stray hairs every day than too many at the end of the week
3. No two eyebrows are ever identical; so don’t even attempt to get them the same as you will
end up plucking to nothing. They say eyebrows are sisters not twins.
4. When shaping your eyebrows always pluck after a hot shower and in natural daylight.
5. When tweezing, always sit in front of a large mirror with a magnified mirror in your hand. This
gives you an over-all view and the hand mirror helps with detail. Move from mirror to mirror.
6. Always tweeze both eyebrows together taking a few hairs of each at a time. It is a lot easier
than trying to do one brow and then the other.
7. When shaping there are a few rules to follow; eyebrows should start before the eye (nose
side) and not after. Try to keep the shape even – there is nothing worse than a tadpole sitting on
top of your eyes!
8. Good quality tools are essential to achieve a professional finish.
9. Always use an aftercare product to help reduce redness and to calm the newly tweezed area.
10. If you decide to have your brows professionally shaped and don’t know where to go, always
ask someone whose eyebrows you like. Also check that your therapist has great looking brows