Selfridges gives city the ultimate Master-class
Selfridges is giving Birmingham the ultimate fashion masterclass, after unveiling exclusive pieces and collections from some of the world’s most revered designers.
As part of a store-wide campaign, launched to celebrate the legacy of 12 design mavericks across various genres of fashion, Selfridges’ Masters highlights the true pioneers of our time – all of whom have helped shape today’s vibrant fashion landscape.
Among the store’s handpicked Masters is Roberto Cavalli – The Master of Glamour – whose designs have inspired generations of outlandish and luxurious evening wear; Stella McCartney – The Master of Femininity – whose signature sport-luxe collections rocketed the 2012 Olympic team up the style stakes and Paul Smith – The Master of Inspiration – whose continued reinventions have made him one of Britain’s most famous fashion exports.
The Masters will not only take over the store with the presence of truly unique, limited edition pieces – including a showstopping Cavalli gown and a game-changing electric blue silk suit from Paul Smith, but with exclusive products from high-profile names that have never before been sold in the city.
The highly-collectible items include sweaters from The Master of Mood, Marc Jacobs, t-shirts from Jean Paul Gaultier – The Master of Expression – and an exclusive 20 piece collection from Rick Owens, Selfridges’ Master of the Elements, to celebrate 20 years of his label eponymous label.
Alongside the covetable product, the store will pulse with fashion energy and will animate each Master’s universe visually, with the newly launched 360 degree windows showcasing several standout ‘Masterpieces’ from the pool of celebrated designers.
The Masters of Fashion are:
– Alaïa, The Master of Architecture
– Dries Van Noten, The Master of the Eclectic
– Jean Paul Gaultier, The Master of Expression
– Jun Takahaski of Undercover, The Master of Subversion
– Marc Jacobs, The Master of Mood
– Oscar de la Renta, The Master of Elegance
– Paul Smith, The Master of Inspiration
– Rick Owens, The Master of the Elements
– Roberto Cavalli, The Master of Glamour
– Thom Browne, The Master of Showmanship
– Stella McCartney, The Master of Femininity
– Yohji Yamamoto, The Master of Defiance