Selfridges Birmingham to host beauty bonanza for Mother’s Day
Selfridges Birmingham is hosting a beauty bonanza for Mother’s Day, with complimentary makeovers and special panel events hosted by renowned beauty journalist and broadcaster Sali Hughes.
Sali, the resident beauty columnist at The Guardian, is hosting two special events at the Bullring department store on Saturday, March 10.
The first, at 8am, is especially for young mums and will see a panel comprising the fashion model Ruth Crilly, Glamour editor Grace Timothy, and style blogger Natalie, who writes the Style Me Sunday blog, discussing multi-tasking tips and the go-to cosmetics for busy mothers.
At 2pm, Sali will be hosting another session for mums and daughters and will be joined by singer and TV presenter Andi Oliver and her TV and radio presenter daughter Miquita. They’ll be looking at the latest discoveries in Beauty and the hero products that Selfridges champions, as well as discussing how to update your look.
Tickets for either event costs £50, of which £25 is redeemable against products in Selfridges renowned beauty hall on the day and can be bought here
Sam Watts, general manager at Selfridges, said: “Mother’s Day is always a really special time and we’re thrilled to be welcoming Sali and our specially invited guests for our two beauty events for mums. It promises to be a fun couple of days, with lots of beauty activities, as we celebrate our amazing mothers.”
The beauty hall on Level 3 will be specially geared up for Mother’s Day between March 9 and 11.
Here’s what’s happening:
– Bobbi Brown will be offering complimentary ‘How To’ demonstrations using its new ‘Isle of Capri’ collection and Chanel will be giving complimentary mother and daughter makeovers with any purchase. Dior is offering complimentary personalised engraving on all fragrance purchases
– Clarins is offering a mother and daughter treatment – book your slot and be welcomed with a glass of Champagne when you arrive, while Dermalogica is offering mother and daughter face mapping and a complimentary Sensitive Skin Rescue Skin Solver treatment on counter with any full-sized purchase.
– Relax with a complimentary hand and arm massage at Estee Lauder when you buy a product from the Re-Nutriv range and enjoy mother and daughter makeovers.
– Book a Mother & Daughter Masterclass at Giorgio Armani and take home a complimentary luxury goody bag, while Khiel’s will be offering mums and daughters a complimentary mini facial using its Vitamin C Serum
– With any purchase at La Mer, you’ll receive a complimentary hand and arm massage, while Lancôme lovers can book a luxe Mother & Daughter facial and massage in the Beauty Room.
– MAC Cosmetics is hosting ‘MAC Loves Mum’ complimentary makeovers for mums and daughters, while Sisley customers can pre-book and treat their mothers to a luxurious facial in its treatment pod.
– Suqqu is offering pre-booked appointments for a mother and daughter lifting massage and and eye makeover – and you can take home a luxury goody bag and Tom Ford is offering complimentary lip and eye makeovers (plus a glass of fizz!), as well as a take-home Luxe Private Blend sample of Vanille Fatale.
If you’re hungry after all that pampering, head to Level 1, where there will be a host of events for Mother’s Day, including an exclusive Selfridges afternoon tea at Yo! Sushi and luxury afternoon tea at Gran Cafe.
Ed’s Diner is offering all mums a complimentary Fried Lickin’ chicken burger. Fumo will also be hosting Mother’s Day lunches and dinners.
A pop-up florist will be on Level 1, where you can buy stunning arrangements and to make the day even more special, the Veuve Clicquot personalisation cart will be in store where you can add a message to its exclusive arrow tins.